What to Expect
Redeemer serves primarily the Wellesley and Needham communities, and surrounding suburbs. We seek to provide a church home for those desiring a church that is:
- interdenominational -- having members from a wide range of church backgrounds, but as a church not affiliated with one in particular;
- evangelical -- in the historic sense that we hold to the centrality of Jesus Christ as our only Lord & Savior;
- local -- trying to live in relative proximity to each other and to be the church to those where we live;
- liturgical -- valuing both the contemporary and casual along with the ancient rhythms of the church;
- eucharistic -- celebrating Communion (the Lord's Supper) every week as a central part of worship and growth; and
- missional -- seeking to incarnate the love of Christ in every area of our lives so that others may come to know him.
Children are very welcome and engaged in worship through a weekly children’s sermon. Child care is provided for infants and toddlers. During the adults’ sermon, children from toddlers through high school attend Sunday School [during summer hours, only children through age 7]. Local college students are actively involved in various aspects of our Sunday worship gatherings. Other adult small groups with various offerings meet regularly throughout the week. Redeemer also reaches out through various local and international mission projects. We hope you will come join as we seek to be a community committed to be with God (individually and together), to become like Jesus (through spiritual practices), and to bless the world (by loving service and witness) empowered by the Holy Spirit.